Duke, a young Pomeranian narrowly escaped with his life after a neighbour's dog ripped him almost in half... now in need of a graft, does Duke have enough 'free skin' to cover the wound?
Surgical specialist Dr Sarah Goldsmid and Nurse Jasmina prepare Duke for surgery. Dr Sarah is assisted by Surgery Resident Dr Arana Parslow. The procedure is performed at the Animal Referral Hospital Homebush Sydney.
The Entire Story including the operation
This is the actual operation in full however some repetitive sequences have been edited to reduce the total duration.
SHORT ON TIME?
Click any link below to go straight to a relevant section of this video on our YouTube site!!
Use your browser's BACK button to return to this page.
iPAD/iPhone Users Please Note!
Normally the links below take you to the selected story however if you are using an iPad, iPhone or Mac this does not work.
This is a YouTube issue on iPADs or Phones.
As an alternative - just navigate to the time listed on your YouTube player
TIME - STORY LINK
* 00:00 - As Duke is prepped, Dr Sarah describes where she'll take the graft from
* 02:35 - In surgery - Cutting the graft that will be used
* 03:01 - Surgical Resident Dr Arana prepares the graft
* 07:34 - Vet Nurse Jasmina prepares the area with explanation by Dr Sarah
* 09:43 - Dr Sarah creates a template for the actual skin graft
* 11:26 - Dr's Sarah & Arana 'meshing' the graft after removing excess fatty tissue
* 13:44 - The moment of truth! - Will it actually fit?
* 18:24 - Dr's Sarah & Arana discuss the benefits of surgeries like this and more
* 22:00 - "It's magical!" say's Dr Sarah... "This is why I do surgery..."
* 23:30 - Dr Arana finishes suturing and explains about the amount of fluid still on the graft
VETERINARY PRO VERSION